Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Change of a Lifetime

The last few weeks have been an absolute blur. My apologies for not posting - I had fully intended to at least post a garden update (at this point I am picking several gallons of peas and beans every few days, and all of my flowers have moved to the backyard... I won't go into a lot of detail about that, as it will be covered in another post. That said, these are the smallest of the changes we have seen lately.

First of all, Gilles finally got his Journeyman Certificate, which means he is now a fully qualified electrician (and no more school, yay!) This is a particular relief as he missed his first two attempts by only 2% both times. Seriously.

Second, I finally decided that I did want to leave the comfort of my previous job, and move on with my life. There were many reasons for my decision, but I can assure you it wasn't made in haste - it was something I had been contemplating for a full year. Since then I have started a new job with the same position - a lateral move that I am so far very happy with - it is nice to get some marketing experience outside of airlines.

As things work out, I will be spending about a month out of the country beginning the end of this week. I will do my best to keep the blog updated - some of the travelling is for work, and much of it is our honeymoon we are (finally!) taking to Iceland. There will be lots of posts and updates here - you can expect a daily post for the first two weeks of August as I detail our experiences in Iceland and share photos.

In the meantime, I am picking up a couple small projects on the side, and on top of planning for being away, a big landscaping project (more on that later), Frisbee, dance classes and my garden it has been a challenge to try to get to sleep at night - there is just too much to think about!

Life is beautiful!

L-R: Me, my brother and sister at my cousin's wedding in June