Friday, January 18, 2013

Lance Armstrong, I'm Disappointed

I'm extremely disappointed in Lance Armstrong today.

No, he isn't someone that I've ever met, nor do I know what he is like personally. But as the icon representing the Live Strong brand, he has disappointed me.

Many people around the world looked up to Armstrong's successes saying 'If he can do it, I can do it."

Yes, the Live Strong brand has publicly disassociated itself from Lance Armstrong. Yes, it will always still hold said association, now tarnished, in the minds of the consumers.


I understand that the pressure to dope in professional sports must be enormous, as widespread and common as it is. I understand that there are likely many other people in the Tour de France who were doping, who will never be called out on it. But those are good enough reasons. Not when you are being raised up as an example to athletes around the world.

Here's the article:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/cycling/story/2013/01/17/sp-lance-armstrong-oprah-winfrey-interview-live-tweets.html