Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Finally, a craft post!

I've been keeping a secret from you.

For the past several months, I have been working on embroidering/appliquéing a pillow for my new niece  who was born on October 30th. Many, many hours went into this pillow, and I am very happy with how it turned out. As it was my first attempt at embroidery or appliqué, I purchased the Welcome Baby kit from Dimensions. I was very happy with the the quality of the instructions and the materials provided. The only instructions I had to look up elsewhere were to complete the chain stitch, and only because I found it difficult to understand the illustration (which did make sense afterward).

Without further ado, here are some pictures:








Do you spy some knitting on my lap?

Immediately after finishing this project I started on a 'Montreal Canadiens' scarf for my mother-in-law. Look for details soon!