Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Challenge

I started and restarted this post several times, and didn't come up with anything appropriate, so you get this:

Two of the biggest mental/physical challenges in my life right now are my introvertedness and my weight. I don't pretend to believe that the two are not intertwined. 

I've come up with a way to challenge myself to 'go out of my comfort zone' for both, with one fell swoop. See, six months of the year I take ballroom dance classes with my husband every Thursday and second Tuesday  For the other six, he plays hockey while I have those evenings off. Until now.

Starting next week, I will be attending a different fitness class, often at a different gym, every Tuesday night, by myself. (Somebody from the comma police come arrest me but it really did need them all to get the point across...) This will force me not only to get out of my 'fitness bubble' and try new things, but also to talk to new people. I'll start this week with... Cardio & Sculpt I. Not only is it a new class, but at a new gym! I'll let you know how it goes. :)